Τετάρτη, 13 Ιανουαρίου 2010
Although Christmas is gone already, I found these biscuits a great treat to have around in holidays. Cinnamon, cloves and honey will give the perfect smell to start feeling the Christmas spirit. The clove smell is overwhelming, so in case you dont like it, reduce the quantity or don't use it at all!
2 cups white plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon clove
1 and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup soft butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon cognac
2 tablespoons yogurt
1. We mix flour, baking powder and the spices in a bowl(flour mix)
2. We mix in the mixer the sugar and butter to become fluffy and then add the honey
3. Start adding the "flour mix" and knead as we form the dough. Alternatively you can use the dough spatula in the mixer and it will save you from all the trouble. Add half of the "flour mix", then the yogurt and soda with cognac, then the rest of the "flour mix".
4. That's basically it! When the dough is formed and it's not sticky, you can start creating shapes. The traditional one my granma makes is the braid. Make a long string, then fold in half then twist.
5. Put in a tray on baking paper and bake for 15 minutes in 180 C. Don't overbake them or the honey will make the biscuits hard.
I'm sweating. That was actually a bit hard to describe! If you have any questions, ask in the comments!