Κυριακή, 7 Μαρτίου 2010
Authentic Carbonara from Rome
Now, for years I couldn't imagine carbonara being any different than the usual creamy, full of fats and cheese dish.
But it turns out we got it wrong all this time. The usual recipe should be called "A la Creme" or something, because this is how you'll eat it in Rome.
1 garlic clove
200 gr prosciutto
2 shots white wine
4 egg yolks
300 gr parmesan
1. We boil the pasta we want. Tagliatelle or spaghetti is the most recommended. I used tagliatele this time.
2. In a pan with some oil, we fry the garlic and the prosciutto.
3. We add the wine and we wait untill it starts boiling and evaporates.
4. We add in the pan our boiled pasta.
5. In a bowl, we stir the egg yolks with the parmesan. We then add the pasta from the pan in, but do it quickly because you don't want to cook the egg.